Senior Software Engineer at Fond
Portland, OR, US
Fond (formerly AnyPerk) is a perks and rewards platform used by over 500 companies across the U.S. from startups competing for top talent to Fortune 500 companies strengthening their employer brands. Fond helps customers build cultures of appreciation and recognition, knowing that happier employees make for better business. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Sephora, Delta Dental and hundreds of others. We’re a YC W12 company and funded by renowned investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, and Digital Garage. Some of our partners include Equinox, ZipCar and AMC Theaters. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
At Fond, we guide companies in how to design and build highly social, next generation recognition programs and offer unique and compelling employee perks.
Given its broad appeal, it’s critical that the Fond platform is highly scalable, intuitive, low friction and integrated into day-to-day activities. We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company.
We’re looking for an experienced, product-minded Senior Software Engineer to expand our Fond team into Portland! You have a track record of delivering high scale SaaS solutions, are passionate about emerging techniques and technologies, care deeply about the user experience, love to mentor others and value being part of a team that helps companies create great places to work.
- Work as part of a collaborative, agile team to deliver industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile.
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value to more companies
- Design and develop feature enhancements that continue to deliver on the value and provide an excellent customer experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve emergency server or code issues at any stack level
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- 3+ years experience in production web application development, including 1+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Unit and automated testing experience (e.g. RSpec, Selenium)
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- RDBMS usage (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mind
- Experience building in an agile setting with code reviews and quality as a priority
- Strong design skills for separation and modularity of code; aversion to overly complex, spaghetti code
- Persistence: design it, build it, if it breaks, fix it, but make it work, and make it shine
- Free and/or Open Source project work
- Amazon Web Services, containerization, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- HRIS integration experience
- Mobile app development experience; native iOS or Android or React Native
- Access to a Fond account
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Macbook Air
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Nor will we hold it against you if you prefer House Hunters to House of Cards or Cheez-Its to Goldfish. We welcome all types!