Washington, DC position for authorized U.S. workers only. No visa sponsorship available at this time, sorry.
Do you want to work with a social venture that delivers the highest-quality K-12 curricula in the best way? Then consider joining LearnZillion. We empower educators to provide students with the education necessary for a successful future. Help us change the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
We are looking for a marketing communications specialist to help in every aspect of LearnZillion’s brand and marketing efforts. You will work closely with our Digital Marketing Specialist and sales teams, reporting to the CTO who is responsible for digital marketing.
If you have a knack for writing, editing, and graphic design along with the ability to creatively contribute to marketing campaigns and focus on delivering consistent communications, then we want to work with you.
About the Position
The ideal candidate in this role will have experience in writing and editing blog posts, web copy, press releases, social media posts, and email copy, and will understand how to attract potential customers through creative marketing campaigns. They will have a specific understanding of how content marketing helps build brand awareness and supports sales. In addition, we are looking for someone who can design marketing collateral and create and edit videos.
Our Marketing Tool and Technology Stack
- HubSpot (used to schedule our social media posts and blogs)
- Premiere Pro
- H5 Zoom Recorder
- DSLR Camera
- Development of marketing collateral and campaigns for our curriculum products and platform
- Web pages
- Online advertisements
- Press releases
- Strategize and build out a monthly editorial calendar which shows our content marketing plans
- Work with our CEO to develop effective messaging around our positioning as a company
- Edit external-facing content for style and grammar (referring back to our voice and tone guide)
- 2+ years experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent writing, editing, and visual communication skills
- Experience with HTML
- An intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done can be self-directed and self-taught as needed and is comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to produce excellent results with limited time and resources within a startup
- A desire to help people learn, grow, and make the world a better place
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere