With over 15 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and more than tripled revenue over the last year. We are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 95 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager to help organize and improve our internal processes. We believe that this role will make an instant impact in helping increase cross team communication and visibility of different initiatives as we have grown in size and we can no longer keep up with information via meetings. This person will work closely with engineering, product, and executives to understand and improve our release process and productivity. As the first hire, this person will help improve our velocity and help understand bottlenecks and suggest ways to overcome them through their extensive experience managing large software projects.
- Lead daily Scrum of Scrum meeting with product and engineering leaders
- Diagnose, analyze, and understand high priority issues and raise awareness of those with leadership teams.
- Drive and ensure timely, high quality releases
- Communicate status on the various cross functional swimlanes and improve velocity.
- Identify and drive improvements to process, productivity, and agile
- Lead project meetings and identify and document results and actions
- Help drive clarity of deliverables between product, design, engineering and test teams and hold them accountable to different milestones.
- 5+ years experience in Program/Project Management
- Strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with agile development frameworks and philosophy
- Great attention to detail
- Can hire and build a team of project managers to help us grow the function in 2019
- Ability to indirectly influence engineers and product managers
- Has high EQ
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
STRONG Bonus Points
- A degree in engineering
- Experience with consumer mobile apps
- JIRA expertise
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.