Head of Marketing at Stockwell
Oakland, CA, US
At Stockwell, we are using design and technology to build the world’s largest retailer. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We are looking to hire a Marketing lead who will be in charge of leading our company's marketing efforts. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for creating and providing guidance to our marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company's brands.
To be considered for this position, you will need a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in running a marketing team and marketing campaigns. High competency in project and stakeholder management is a huge advantage.
Marketing Lead Responsibilities:
- Hiring, building and leading the marketing team.
- Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing efforts to acquire new customers, engage existing customers and build our brand.
- Communicating the marketing plan to executives and our board.
- Researching demand for our products and services.
- Competitor research.
- Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
- Identifying potential customer segments.
- Developing promotions in conjunction with our product and retail team - both in our app and through signage in our stores.
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Building brand awareness and positioning.
- Supporting sales and lead generation efforts with collateral.
- Coordinating marketing projects from start to finish.
- Organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events.
Marketing Lead Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in marketing and running a marketing team, ideally at a e-commerce startup or brick and mortar retailer.
- Proven marketing experience with real world, hyper-local marketing efforts
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong copywriting skills and collateral creation
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.