Staff Backend Engineer at Eaze
San Francisco, CA, US
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience.
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team at Eaze. You’ll be working on mission critical parts of our technology platform, and helping us build a long-term scalable system that will consistently deliver an awesome experience for our end-users.
At Eaze, engineers enjoy an unprecedented amount of autonomy in deciding how to do their work, and work closely with product managers and designers in an iterative, metrics-driven process that ensures the biggest possible impact of the work on our business.
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of experience in software development with recent experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Understanding of software-development fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, networking, HTTP
- Extensive experience with server-side development, ideally with NodeJS or DotNet.
- Solid grasp of principles of RESTful APIs and service-oriented architecture
- Strong focus on testing
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with evented, asynchronous, distributed systems
- Understanding of ORMs, databases, and SQL
- Open-source experience
Eaze (eaze.com) is a technology company focused on the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry. Founded in 2014, the company’s technology platform facilitates on-demand delivery of high-quality cannabis products from the leading brands in the industry.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.