Our well-funded, fast-growing education technology startup is looking for a Customer Success Manager. In this role you will be responsible for driving success across a portfolio of strategic district and state partnerships as they use LearnZillion resources or participate in our professional development programming. This is an opportunity to scale your impact and permanently change the field of education. This is a hands-on position in a typical start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate that can help us improve our processes and systems but who isn’t afraid to roll-up his or her sleeves to do the work or collaborate with team members across the organization.
About the Company
LearnZillion is a social venture dedicated to taking the highest quality curriculum and making it teacher-friendly and classroom-ready. Empowering educators to provide students with the education they need to be successful, we're changing the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
LearnZillion was founded by two educators in 2011 and is now used by more than 1 in 3 U.S. teachers.
About the Role
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the primary owner of the business relationship between LearnZillion and the customer. The CSM is responsible for the customer’s success with LearnZillion’s solutions, and is accountable for customer retention, growth and adoption, satisfaction, and stakeholder value. The CSM will report directly to the Director of Customer Success and will collaborate with her on account strategy.
In this role you will do the following:
- Grow relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Serve as an informed thought partner to customers in all issues related to implementation rollout so that it leads to successful adoption of LearnZillion services and products.
- Conduct regular customer check ins (virtually and in person) in which you elicit goals from customers, provide data around progress, and keep customers informed of key, related product updates as they occur.
- Develop account strategies for maintaining strong customer health, ensuring renewal and possibly upsell opportunities.
- Provide assistance in creating and provisioning customer sites.
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive teacher adoption and success.
- Provide onboarding support to customers to ensure that a customer’s initial experiences with the site are successful.
- Develop retention, renewal and expansion strategies for each account.
- Provide input on Customer Success Team processes and procedures as required.
What we're looking for in a Candidate:
- You’ve been a successful instructional leader in a K-12 school or at the district level, and have a good sense of the challenges teachers, principals and district leaders face.
- You’re an intense listener and are skilled at asking questions to understand root issues.
- You’re extremely organized, with the ability to track status and allocate time across dozens of school districts.
- You’re a master communicator, who can explain LearnZillion to a superintendent or a first-year teacher with ease.
- You look forward to traveling to school districts and conferences across the country.
- You have leadership experience; whether it’s campus, school, district, or community leadership, you’re good at charting a course and executing on it.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You work with tremendous urgency and produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- You love to laugh and are excited to work with bright, motivated colleagues.
- You are analytical, and feel comfortable among spreadsheets and databases.
- You see every problem as a challenge that can be solved with the right approach.
- A passion for the LearnZillion mission.
- 3-5 years experience working at the school district level with expertise in literacy or math.
- 2+ years experience in managing customer relationships at an education technology company.
- Direct work with establishing strategic outcomes and measurements.
- Experience with business drivers for teachers, students, business process owners, and senior district and/or state administration.
- Experience working with and presenting results to senior level executives.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with all levels of personnel up to and including Superintendent and Chief Academic Officer.
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency.
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal, startup experience an added bonus.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- This position is remote, but may require up to 30% travel.
Compensation and benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer our staff:
- comprehensive health benefits, paid vacation, sick and parental leaves
- a 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions,
- opportunities for professional development, and
- the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to changing the field of education