Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Founded in 2008, Life360 is based in San Francisco with offices in San Diego, Las Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale.
Life360 has raised +$100M from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM, Fontinalis Partners, BMW iVentures, Allstate, Bullpen Capital, Founders Fund (FF Angel), Launch Capital, Kapor Capital, and 500 startups.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
About the job
Life360 has been laser-focused on providing an amazing experience to users in the US. This has been very successful for us, but now it is time to expand our global reach. A majority of our users sign up outside the US, so there is a huge opportunity for us to make a global impact on the lives of families all over the world.
As an engineer on the newly-formed Growth Team, you will be contributing to the top-priority initiative of improving the Life360 experience internationally. The Life360 Android app uses cutting edge technology to deliver services to families around the world, and there are many opportunities for career growth as we deliver new experiences to our users.
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Senior Android Growth Engineer:
- Develop telemetry systems to measure and improve application performance in the wild
- Improve app launch times, which in turn improves retention makes our users even happier
- Build app-wide support for right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
You are someone who is:
- Excited by challenges with localization and delivering high-quality experiences to international markets. Life360 is all over the world, and we currently support 12 languages. With your help, we are making our international experience even better.
- Comfortable with the breadth of Android platforms and hardware. 86% of the world's smartphone users are on Android, and these devices come in all shapes and sizes.
- Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 1 billion requests per day from our Android app alone, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
- Has proven results in improving app launch times and performance. We are polishing a finely-tuned machine, and making it lightning fast for our users. Every second of launch time you can save will mean our users will love our app even more.
- Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the performance of our Android app, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of Android development experience.
- Experience working on a shipping app.
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in Android.
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Android SDK.
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment.
We’d be excited if you have:
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously.
- Experience with internationalization of Android apps.
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms.
- Experience with RxJava or other streaming methodologies.
- Experience with multiple design patterns, such as MVC, MVVM, and VIPER.
- Experience with advanced networking technologies like MQTT or WebSockets .
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office.
- Catered lunches throughout the week.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- 401k plan.
- $200/month Quality of Life perk.
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco.
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This is not a remote position and based in San Francisco