Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Founded in 2008, Life360 is based in San Francisco with offices in San Diego, Las Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale.
Life360 has raised +$100M from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM, Fontinalis Partners, BMW iVentures, Allstate, Bullpen Capital, Founders Fund (FF Angel), Launch Capital, Kapor Capital, and 500 startups.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
About the job
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Brainstorm with or present ideas to the Executive team and communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, and execution for existing and new product lines
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Work closely with the VP of Design to streamline the design process and prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Recruit, hire, and mentor a team of product designers across multiple projects and disciplines
- Organize and run cross-team collaboration events and workshops
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
- 8+ years of product design experience, including experience mentoring designers
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to own and execute end-to-end design work for successful products at scale
- Cross-platform design experience (iOS, android, web)
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Experience leading design projects and being a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Consistently advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be organized, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Genuine passion for family needs, safety, and connection
- A positive attitude is a must—we welcome healthy discussion and debate, and ultimately put ideas ahead of egos
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done