Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Founded in 2008, Life360 is based in San Francisco with offices in San Diego, Las Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale.
Life360 has raised +$100M from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM, Fontinalis Partners, BMW iVentures, Allstate, Bullpen Capital, Founders Fund (FF Angel), Launch Capital, Kapor Capital, and 500 startups.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
About the Job
Life360 has been laser-focused on providing an amazing experience to users in the US. This has been very successful for us, but now it is time to expand our global reach. A majority of our users sign up outside the US, so there is a huge opportunity for us to make a global impact on the lives of families all over the world.
As an engineer on the newly-formed Growth Team, you will be contributing to the top-priority initiative of improving the Life360 experience internationally. The Life360 server ecosystem uses cutting edge technology to deliver services to families around the world, and there are many opportunities for career growth as we deliver new experiences to our users.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Life360 Growth Team, you will:
- Develop telemetry systems to measure and improve microservice response times in Production.
- Develop lightweight endpoints to enable faster load times for users around the world.
- Implement cutting-edge client-server communication systems like MQTT to facilitate event-driven data transportation.
- Move freely between Backend, iOS, and Android codebases to understand and improve overall system performance.
You're that someone with these relevant skills:
- Code polyglot: we primarily use Java, Scala and PHP, with some Python, Go.
- Be proficient in at least two of these languages.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Kinesis, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
- Agile software development experience.
Other things we love about you:
- Excited by challenges with localization and delivering high-quality experiences to international markets. Life360 is all over the world, and we currently support 12 languages. With your help, we are making our international experience even better.
- Comfortable with the uncertainty of working with new technologies.
- Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 4.5 billion requests per day from our apps, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
- Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the performance of our core data delivery systems, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- 401k plan.
- $200/month Quality of Life perk.
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.