DC local or remote full-time staff position for authorized U.S. workers only. No visa sponsorship available at this time.
Do you want to work with a social venture that delivers the highest-quality K-12 curricula in the best way? Then consider joining LearnZillion. We empower educators to provide students with the education necessary for a successful future. Help us change the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
We are looking for a product designers to help us create essential tools for teachers, students, districts, and parents. You will play a key role in building LearnZillion’s technology platform and shaping its future. You will report to the CTO and work closely with Engineering & Design coworkers, product managers, academics, and user community to build our world-class application.
You should be well-versed in user experience, visual, and product design, technically skilled, focused, and creative.
Our Design Tool Stack
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML and CSS (Ruby on Rails 5, HAML and SASS+Compass in transition to Vue.js)
- Collaborate with coworkers and users to uncover product needs
- Design research, wireframe, sketch, whiteboard, prototype, design, and build user experiences
- Design and develop simple, easy-to-use, user interfaces to add impactful new features
- 3+ years of web application product design. Mobile application product design a plus.
- Strong visual and interactive design skills, as demonstrated by a portfolio of your prior work and the resulting implementations--whether you wrote the HTML and CSS or someone else did
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- Portfolio or collection of screenshots of past projects for us to review
- Desire and aptitude to learn and build product with HTML and CSS
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Work daily with top-notch product design and engineering team members
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere
LearnZillion is a social venture dedicated to taking the highest quality curriculum and making it teacher-friendly and classroom-ready. Empowering educators to provide students with the education they need to be successful, we're changing the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
LearnZillion was founded by two educators in 2011 and is now used by more than 1 in 3 U.S. teachers.
Some of our mentions:
More about us at https://learnzillion.com/p/company/
The Engineering & Design team excels at building product that delights users and solves complex problems simply. We ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
Our team is made up of experienced and newer SaaS product builders. We not only impact LearnZillion but regularly provide thought leadership and design contribution to the third parties we rely on, including many big name tech companies.
As an equal opportunity employer, LearnZillion (the “Company”) is committed to a diverse workforce and provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of any characteristic protected by applicable law. The Company makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs and does not unlawfully discriminate against, nor does it tolerate unlawful harassment by any person, including, but not limited to, co-workers, managers, and third parties on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions) sex, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”).
In addition, the Company complies with all applicable laws regarding job applicants and/or employees’ criminal convictions, arrest record, prior criminal accusations, salary history, credit history, unemployment status, political activities, and recreational activities.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.