About the Company
LearnZillion is a social venture dedicated to taking the highest quality curriculum and making it teacher-friendly and classroom-ready. Empowering educators to provide students with the education they need to be successful, we're changing the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
LearnZillion was founded by two educators in 2011 and is now used by more than 1 in 3 U.S. teachers.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Product and Curriculum, the Senior Product Manager, Platform is responsible for collaborating with the VP of Product and Curriculum and the CTO to define the platform vision and the role that the platform plays in overall LearnZillion product strategy. The Sr. PM is responsible for executing on the platform vision and strategy, and successfully shepherding the implementation of key platform features in support of LearnZillion’s growing portfolio of full-course curriculum products to market.
As Senior Product Manager, you combine your deep knowledge of the K-12 education technology landscape with qualitative and quantitative insights from LearnZillion customers and the LearnZillion internal team to evolve the platform in line with LearnZillion’s overall business strategy and goals.
You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for LearnZillion’s platform, ensuring that its meets clear product, customer, internal and market needs and is practical to implement. You will work with curriculum, sales, marketing and customer success to ensure that all stakeholders understand the critical features of the platform to do their jobs successfully.
This is an opportunity to permanently change the field of education.
- Lead the vision and prioritized execution of the LearnZillion platform in close concert with the VP of Product and Curriculum and the CTO.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to determine platform strategy.
- Work closely with customer success and customer support to ensure the platform can best be leveraged to meet the needs of LearnZillion’s existing customers and support implementation.
- Work closely with curriculum product teams to ensure the platform can best be leveraged to meet the needs of LearnZillion’s growing product portfolio.
- Work closely with sales to ensure the platform supports their ability to win curriculum business
- Through interviews with customers and customer visits, deeply understand the problems our buyers and end users are confronted with every day and ensure that our platform is being efficiently leveraged to creatively meet their needs.
- Shepherd platform initiatives through their full life cycle across the three main areas of the LearnZillion Platform: Authoring & Delivery, Assessment & Reporting, and Plumbing & Integrations.
- Document and track objectives and key results in each area
- Provide context and key background information for platform teams to work efficiently
- Lead project teams
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design to deliver on key results
- Run monthly Platform Board meetings with LearnZillion’s Senior Leadership Team, synthesizing learnings and progress on platform initiatives
- As budget permits, build a team of high performant product managers to support you in execution
- Create and collaborate on product management artifacts and process
- Create product training materials for sales enablement and support training
Things we’re looking for in a candidate
- A passion for the LearnZillion mission
- 5-10 years of experience managing platform products or features
- Executive presence
- Knowledge of the K12 education technology market, including the interoperability landscape, and related standards movements
- Demonstrated experience bringing products or features to market that integrate elegantly with the systems already in use in K-12 schools.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, synthesis and shepherding skills.
- Ability to make complex topics clear to non-technical audiences.
- Technical knowledge and experience necessary to have meaningful conversations about technical issues with technical staff. Computer Science or Software Engineering degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to triage issues and follow them to resolution
- Experience with metrics-driven decision making and the crafting of tools and reports in support of it.
- Enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and to find innovative solutions for the ed tech market
- Outstanding project management skills within a variety of different organizations
- Comfort juggling many topics and varied issues all at once
- Experience with, and desire to, work in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing roadmaps/backlogs
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer our staff:
- comprehensive health benefits, paid vacation, sick and parental leaves
- a 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions,
- opportunities for professional development, and
- the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to changing the field of education