Who are we?
fuboTV is a rapidly growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a streaming Soccer service, we have grown and expanded our mission to providing the best live sports streaming experience on the planet.
Today we broadcast most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all important Soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. We also broadcast a wide variety of movies and entertainment including the entire FOX and NBC broadcast catalogs. fuboTV can be accessed on a wide variety of devices, including web browsers, Android, iOS, tvOS, fireTV, AndroidTV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to lead, design, setup, and support our dynamic ad service infrastructure and play a crucial role in planning and enabling new revenue-generating opportunities. We seek a Software Engineer who cares about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous integration and deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
As a team lead, you will serve as the subject matter expert on ad decisioning technology, client/server-side stitching implementation and overall architecture. You will work with our AdOps team to support existing third-party partners and onboard new partners as we continue to grow. You will be managing vendor relationships and interfacing with ad decisioning services, player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners and more.
This role has the following responsibilities:
- Maintain existing ad infrastructure and implementations including a mixture of client and server-side ad-serving solutions on all platforms fuboTV is available
- Maintain strong technical working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including but not limited to: understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with partners and vendors, (examples of things this person has to do here)
- Assist in the definition and implementation of superior user experiences around advertising
- Collaborate with our AdOps & Video Experience teams along with other members of the fuboTV organization to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
- Identify opportunities to develop internal software products & tools to help increase efficiency, automation, and systems monitoring
- Grow a team to assist with our advertising efforts to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Have 5+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a broad and deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science
- Be comfortable creating efficient algorithms to solve newly-encountered problems, then translating those solutions into clean code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
- Experience leading and mentoring small development teams
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working with digital video advertising
- Understands the complexities and inherent limitations of the ad technology ecosystem and device landscape (web, mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, etc.)
- Understands difference between HTML Ad Renderers, Video Ad Renderers, VAST Translators, VPAID Renderer
- Previous experience with live streaming and on demand video players
- Previous experience with Freewheel
- Previous experience with server side ad insertion
fuboTV provides a compensation commensurate with experience and market standards as well as a robust benefit package including stock options, health coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees and their family members, unlimited vacation days and regular company-wide activities.