With over 10 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and more than tripled revenue over the last year. We are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 95 full time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
Data plays a crucial role in Life360’s growth by driving smarter decisions, improving operations, and creating valuable user experiences. As an analytics team, we partner with product, engineering, and marketing to apply data insights against strategic initiatives. “Know Our Users” is a Life360 core value and we’re looking for analytics leaders who are passionate about leveraging user data to create value for Life360 families.
You’ll be working in a dynamic growth environment, leading efforts to better understand the business, the product, and the customer. Questions range from forecasting business performance to developing family driving profiles to predicting customer lifetime value. As an early member of the data team, you'll have many opportunities to make a meaningful impact and for career growth. If you have a passion for working on products that help millions of families around the world, then this is the right place for you.
- Leverage data to understand the Life360 family and their dynamics, developing insights that apply to every facet of the organization.
- Partner with executives, product managers, engineers, marketers, designers to translate data insights into smarter decisions and applications.
- Establish and maintain KPIs that measure the health of the business, product performance, and the quality of customer experience.
- Build dashboards and reporting processes to monitor business and product trends.
- Develop analytical frameworks, tools, and best practices to apply data insights against strategic objectives.
- Conduct research analyses, build models, and present recommendations that identify opportunities and drive growth.
- Design and analyze product experiments, communicate results, and drive decisions.
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience in an analytics or data science role.
- SQL expertise - able to write structured and efficient queries on large datasets.
- Proficiency with building data visualizations and interactive dashboards.
- Experience in programming, especially with analysis and visualization libraries in Python or R.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners.
- Ability to apply descriptive, inferential, and predictive statistical methods against business problems.
- Curiosity to learn about new topics and uncover hidden insights.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.