We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join the Business Intelligence team at PLAYSTUDIOS. As a Data Engineer, you will play a vital role in developing and maintaining robust data pipelines, optimizing data architecture, and ensuring data availability and quality for analysis and reporting. Your expertise in data integration, ETL processes, and database management will be instrumental in driving our data-driven initiatives and supporting the playAWARDS team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team and exploit the opportunity for PLAYSTUDIOS to become the world’s leader in rewarded play.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines for collecting, processing, and storing structured and unstructured data from various sources.
- Implement ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes to transform raw data into usable formats.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, analysts, and other cross-functional stakeholders to identify data requirements and integrate new data sources into the existing infrastructure.
- Monitor data quality and implement data validation and cleansing processes to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Tune and optimize data pipelines, queries, and database performance to ensure efficient data processing and retrieval.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for data pipelines, processes, and database schemas.
- Ensure data consumers have access to the data and reporting they need.
- Take pride in the quality of your work output. Your code, analyses, and documentation all reflect that of someone who is extremely detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years prior experience in data engineering or related roles
- Proficiency in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines for large-scale data processing.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, Snowflake, MongoDB) and data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge of data management, and working in both structured and unstructured data
- Strong programming skills in languages such as SQL and Python.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies (EMR, EC2, S3, etc.).
- Experience with data integration toolsets (e.g., Apache Airflow, Talend) and writing and maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience in data engineering pipelines and building data warehouse systems with ability to understand ETL principles and write complex SQL queries to extract data and build performant datasets.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges.
- Data visualization skills and experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode Analytics, Sisense)
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
- Pay Type Salary