Senior Front End Engineer
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Come thrive at SigFig! We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. Whether it’s through our direct -to -consumer or business -to-consumer products, or through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
About the Team and Opportunity
SigFig’s Design team is pivotal to the success of our users and our partners as we reinvent personal finance. Our team is made up of product and marketing designers, design system engineers, researchers, and accessibility experts. Our multi-functional team collaborates across the entirety of SigFig by working with sales, marketing, engineering, and product managers to help craft user-centered solutions and lead innovation with design thinking practices. We know design can solve hard problems and be an impactful force but not without the people who have a diversity of thought and experience. The soul of good design is the people crafting it and we want to work with not just the best but also people that bring new points of view and different experiences that will improve our practice.
Our team’s philosophy is that we lead with design, powered by diversity and organization-wide collaboration as we help people improve their financial lives.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at SigFig on the Design team, you will work with a team of brilliant designers and developers to build our design system that will ensure the best user experience for millions of investors and financial advisors.
This is a new team and you would be the senior engineer working to build out our design system. We have two main goals for the design system: first to ensure all our frontend components follow our accessibility standards; second as a frontend R&D tool to test new user experience concepts. You would be vital in helping all our users achieve their financial goals with our elegant and innovative design system.
Why Work for Us
- As a reliable and trusted financial solutions provider with expanding reach to 1 in 3 households nationwide, we believe it takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions that serve customers at scale.
- We are 150+ employees strong and steadily building. Our world-class team, affectionately coined ‘SigFigians,’ is growing with an industry-savvy board and strategic executive team guiding us forward.
- We offer competitive benefits that include Flexible PTO, Wellness benefit, Mobile/Internet subsidy, Employee Recognition Programs, and more!
- We are a remote-first company! We have regional hubs nationwide, with presence in 4 Countries: United States, Canada, India, and Singapore.
- We believe that one size fits one and embrace a culture that honors and celebrates diversity of backgrounds, approaches and experiences.
- We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You will craft financial tools and experiences for consumers, financial advisors and financial executives.
- Designing API specifications and data modeling.
- Performing peer code reviews. Reviewing performance, security, and flexibility of the code.
- Participating in SigFig’s agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, release and sprint planning, demos, a scrum of scrums).
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster an active exchange of ideas. We have development centers in San Francisco, Tucson, Singapore, and India and the ability to work with distributed teams is a crucial skill.
- You will work closely with our engineering teams to help them maintain our design and accessibility standards.
Why We Value You
- Provide UI Guidance to Designers for technical capabilities in interaction design.
- Build and maintain a design system experience that helps SigFig and our partners understand how our UI components work.
- Monitor trends in UI development and advocate for standards and best practices.
- Lead and provide UI Development consultation to our partner implementation teams.
- Audit, analyze, and address gaps in front-end solutions that deviate from design standards.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience. Strong Computer Science fundamentals - you understand data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Great Communication Skills - You have excellent communication skills and are able to clearly articulate your thoughts during verbal and written communications. The work we do here is very collaborative (and globally distributed), so team players and experience with fast-moving projects is a big plus as well.
- Self-starters with the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Perks & Benefits
- Tax-friendly Compensation
- Liberal Leave Policy
- Medical cover for the family, including parents
- Quarterly Wellness Benefit
- WFH Allowance
- Mobile/Internet subsidy (for smooth WFH experience)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.