Engineering Manager at PicsArt
We are looking for a senior, delivery focused Engineering Manager to join our team. As an engineering manager at PicsArt, your main responsibility is the people/engineering staff you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at PicsArt. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution. What we seek and value most in our candidates: Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment. About PicsArt: You will be working in an environment with more than 1000 servers in 4 data centers on different continents, delivering over 95 billion monthly requests and 10Pb monthly traffic. PicsArt is the world's largest creative platform for social media editing, with more than 130 million monthly active users and influencers. PicsArt community creates, remixes and shares nearly 1 billion images every month; the company has amassed one of the largest open-source collections of content in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers and more. PicsArt is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Yerevan, Armenia, Los Angeles, and Beijing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience;
- Several years of serving in an engineering management role;
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it;
- You have a solid background in software development. (Mobile development experience is preferred);
- You have significant experience optimizing software processes to ensure teams are always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve;
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them;
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment;
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- Planning, coordination, execution, delivery and release of the product and its features;
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing;
- Mentor and grow team while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision;
- Help set team goals and direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization;
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings;
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities;
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values;
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices;
- Manage progress, risks and issues with teams and stakeholders;
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and the wider community to explain what’s going on.