Los Angeles, CA, US
Modern Animal is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms and have an experienced entrepreneurial team, including the founders of Whistle. If you love animals, small teams, and next-generation technology, this is the job for you! We're located in the heart of Playa Vista, close to great restaurants, hiking trails, and the beach. We follow the work-hard, play-hard ethos, with flexible hours and a dog-friendly office (of course). This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
Our current stack is Python and React Native. But we are looking to add components in Swift/Kotlin, Go, and Node in the near future. We are open to hearing your ideas about technology and the roadmap for our future.
Role and Responsibility
You’ll be a member of a small cross-functional team working on building out software for our customers, veterinarians, and technicians. You will work closely with our design and product teams to build beautiful and functional interfaces. You’ll help build out our Android, iOS, and web apps – taking wireframes and bringing them to life. You’ll also help with writing automated tests, helping peer review code, help spec out API requirements, and mentor other members of the tech team.
- Be at the Mobile application development within the React Native ecosystem (Redux, Redux Persist, Webpack, Typescript, Jest)
- History of writing clean, readable code and unit tests (examples of works such as a portfolio on GitHub is a strong plus)
- Proficiency using Git in an agile development team setting
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Understanding of UX best practices and front end UI design methodologies, and a commitment to putting the user first.
- A strong interest or previous experience building an app from the ground up.
- Proven track record of collaborating on a team on large-scale projects
- BS in Computer science or equivalent proficiency
- Ability to pass a technical interview
Pet Friendly, brand new office
Small teams - own your own projects
Dictate architectural and design decisions
Excellent health insurance and other benefits
Flexible hours, work-from-home, and vacation – take time off when you need it
Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!