We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer-centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct-to-consumer or business-to-consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- Infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The Infrastructure and SRE teams build and maintain the critical technology infrastructure and tools for our world-class investing platform. The primary goals of the team are to consistently achieve high availability, security, scalability, performance, and efficiency. We are passionate about automation and tooling to improve the speed of our engineering team. We partner very closely with our other engineering teams to build the right solutions.
The Opportunity -- Director of Infrastructure and SRE
As the Director of Infrastructure and SRE, you will lead a team of talented SREs, Infrastructure, and Site Operations engineers. As a leader, you will be intimately involved with architecture, project prioritization, automation, capacity planning, adoption of supporting technologies, and ensuring SLAs are met. You will work closely with large financial institutions to architect an integration solution that scales massively and build out the infrastructure in data centers and the cloud.
This role will report to the CTO with extensive cross-functional interaction across the entire SigFig organization and our banking partners
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Drive: you will drive and communicate ways to keep mission-critical stable; and will oversee deployments and system upgrades
- Lead: you will manage a team of local and remote DevOps/SRE engineers; and will mentor, develop, and recruit high performing engineers
- Develop Strategy: you will prioritize improvements and maintaining an infrastructure roadmap;and will interact with our partners and the internal teams to architect technology and business processes
- Design: you will design a network architecture and infrastructure to power each new partnership with financial institutions
- Mastery of Specializations: you will demonstrate technical skills by writing software to automate and manage servers
Why We Value You
- You strive for automation, frictionless processes, and simplicity.
- You are a super high energy individual with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- You identify what your team needs to succeed for support and feature delivery, and ensure we have the mechanisms in place to provide it
- You eagerly seek opportunities to collaborate with our external partners and support efficiently
- You quickly identify a poor technical path and know how to push back when appropriate
- You strive to fill the gaps between business requirements and engineering and are not afraid to suggest reasonable workarounds when necessary
- You take complicated technical problems and synthesize them into their key points
- You are a provider of clarity, and always bring focus to what’s important.
- You love to mentor others and find joy in seeing the development of your team.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role supporting enterprise partnerships
- 3+ years of experience managing an infrastructure team
- 5+ years of experience with distributed web services on Linux systems
- 4+ years of hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- 2+ years of leading the expansion and improvement of Site Operations capabilities.
- Extensive experience with configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, etc), monitoring, metrics, and logging (Nagios, New Relic, Splunk, InfluxDB, etc)
- Extensive experience with network design and high availability principles
- Experience with colo and cloud hosting environments (VMware, AWS, etc.)
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.