Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
At Life360, we collect a lot of data: 60 billion unique location points, 12 billion user actions, 8 billion miles driven every single month, and so much more. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute to enhancing and maintaining our data processing and storage pipelines/workflows for external and internal data consumers. You should have a strong engineering background and even more importantly a desire to take ownership of our data systems to make them world class.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop resilient pipelines using a variety of different technologies.
- Manage our data from ingestion through ETL to storage and batch processing.
- Automate, test and harden all data workflows.
- Architect logical and physical data models to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of all data infrastructure.
- Be part of a fast growing data team handling massive scale with tons of automation.
- Provide innovative solutions to challenging data projects and proof of concepts.
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working with high volume data infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS data related services.
- Extensive experience programming in one of the following languages: Python / Java.
- Experience in data modeling, optimizing SQL queries, and system performance tuning.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the latest open source and data frameworks.
- Experience evaluating industry trends and technologies.
- Always be learning and staying up to speed with the fast moving data world.
- Prefer candidates with AWS certifications.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.