Hims and hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
The Accounting team manages the month-end close process for multiple subsidiaries, annual audit in compliance with GAAP standards, regulatory compliance matters, and day-to-day accounting operations. To support the growth of business operations, we have created a new role of a Staff Accountant to take on key responsibilities for the month-end close process and managing daily accounting operations.
- Assist with the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks under the supervision of a Senior Accountant, including but not limited to payroll preparation, equity reconciliations, intercompany cash transactions posting, and mass AP payments.
- Assist with the month-end close process, including completing account reconciliations and preparing/posting manual journal entries, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage accurate up-to-date financial records for intercompany transactions and subsidiaries.
- Supervise and review the work performed by the outsourced accounting team. Prepare new training instructions for the outsourced accounting team.
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting projects, including preparation of schedules and reconciliations in connection with the financial statement audit and regulatory filings.
- Take ownership and initiative for accounting process improvements and process documentation.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in the accounting profession
- CPA or CPA track strongly preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy skills in processing data
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Top level critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills