At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for a Head of Credit to join our growing team and oversee credit for all of our expanding product offerings. The Head of Credit is responsible for leading best-in-class efforts across credit policy, credit process and relevant M&A and investments. We are looking for a player-coach who can lead by example and live the Figure values in managing and motivating a high performing team in a fast paced, start up environment. Surround yourself with innovation and help us reinvent consumer lending and financial services with blockchain technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Own credit policy for all Figure products, including HELOC, conforming and non-conforming mortgage and unsecured consumer credit.
- Lead the development of innovative consumer credit modeling efforts.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to increase the knowledge base across the organization of the credit and fraud risk function
- Maintain a current view of industry trends consumer lending underwriting and subject matter expertise in income verification, credit analysis and collateral evaluation
- Manage the documentation, distribution and training of underwriting guidelines across Figure products, adhering to credit policy.
- Collaborate with Product and Operations to ensure scalable, optimally deployed credit processes
- Effectively identify, analyze and address repurchase and sale ability issues
- Communicate with auditors, regulators, investors and rating agencies regarding the credit policy and underwriting guidelines
M&A and Investment Support
- Participate as a member of the Investment Committee and analyze portfolios for purchase of any credit funds launched
- Working with M&A, analyze books as part of diligence, formulate new credit policy and procedures for acquired originators
What we look for:
- BA/BS in Business/Finance or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading a credit function across a broad spectrum of consumer credits
- Deep experience leading an unsecured consumer or home lending credit function
- Working knowledge of GSE underwriting and seller requirements is a plus
- Experience in SMB credit is a plus
- Proven skills in building relationships cross functionally and instituting a successful credit function in partnership with other teams
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate, verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.