Sr. Software Engineer at Skylo
Bangalore, IN / Karnataka, IN
Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in San Mateo, Bangalore and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
Skylo is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. The engineer will join our platform engineering team to design a modern cloud native data streaming and analytics platform, capable to support the next generation of machine & sensor data. This individual will leverage their knowledge and expertise to create a managed services API platform based on micro-services and event driven architecture. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain areas with global impact across industries.
- Design and lead the implementation of Skylo’s data ingest, hub configuration and firmware management on our cloud platform.
- Design and implement APIs for streaming data from millions of connected sensors.
- Implement a highly scalable distributed system using message queues and event driven architecture.
- Work with network, hardware, and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on product cycles.
- Work with product management to implement customer requirements and contribute to refine the features.
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with minimum 10+ years of experience.
- Expert in networking and streaming APIs.
- Expert in algorithms and data structures.
- Expert in reactive programming using Java. Experience with Groovy or Kotlin is a bonus.
- Highly collaborative, attentive to detail, with a proven track record of excellent work.
- Past experience in a dynamic early-stage startup environment is highly desired.