We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
About the role:
Help Shift transform the consumer experience around buying and selling used cars. We’ve set out to flip the script on this notoriously customer-unfriendly industry by creating a used car marketplace that puts customers at the center, aligns with them instead of against them, and creates value for them at every step in the process. We want every Shift customer to love the car they buy from us, and the experience of buying it from Shift.
In this role, you’ll be embedded in our Internal Tools product tribe, working closely with product management and engineering partners to create products that streamline processes and increase the impact of our operations teams. You’ll build a deep understanding of the processes and functions of each internal ops team, as well as the value they create for our customers, and design elegant, high-impact tools that help them work more effectively and efficiently. For example, you’ll work directly on our native iOS point of sale application, which supports our Concierge team in delivering in-person service to our customers on test drives and other appointments.
What you'll do:
- Work through all phases of the design process to ship web and mobile products as well as the occasional brand or marketing project.
- Partner with Product Managers in conducting user interviews and testing prototypes to inform design decisions.
- Create user flows, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Clearly communicate your design decisions and the thinking behind them to the team and other stakeholders. Participate in weekly critiques with the Design team, sharing early and often.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Operations to ship high-quality features at scale.
What we ask for:
- 5+ years of product design experience with internal/B2B products across web and mobile.
- Excellent functional design skills.
- A portfolio that tells the story of your work and demonstrates strong interface design.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a fast paced, startup environment.
- Experience working on a team with strong design and consumer focus
- Front-end development skills
- Strong skills in mobile web and native application design
- Experience conducting your own user research