At Pony.ai, excellence is at the core of our company. Every detail counts as we work to deliver a safe, reliable, and cost-effective autonomous driving platform to the public. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in developing and deploying state-of-the art vehicle technology. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company grows. Join us on this exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of transportation.
The role of Senior Software Engineer - SLAM is responsible for developing SLAM and localization algorithms focusing on LiDAR point cloud and sensor fusion with GNSS and IMU. The role includes researching and developing algorithms focusing on point cloud registration, loop closure detection, and pose graph optimization on a large scale and in GNSS challenged areas.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Solid work or research experiences with state-of-the-art mapping and localization algorithms.
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Computer Science, or Mathematics, or equivalent with 3+ years experience.
- Knowledge of 3d geometry and non-linear optimization is required.
- Knowledge of LiDAR, GPS, IMU, and wheel encoder is preferred.