Pony.ai is a startup located in Silicon Valley and China, and our mission is to revolutionize the future of transportation by building the safest and most reliable technology for autonomous vehicles. Armed with the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, we aim to deliver our technology on a global scale. We believe our work has the potential to transform lives and industries for the better. We're looking for a Vehicle Technician (Temporary) in our Fremont, CA office.
Main responsibilities are:
- Assist engineers in bringing up new vehicles to the Level-4 autonomous driving setup.
- Help with the installation of the roof sensor module, in-vehicle computing module, and associated cable routing.
- Provide inputs to engineers related to vehicle modification and parts fabrication.
- Fabricate prototype parts such as brackets, adapters, and other mounting hardware.
- Support engineers with troubleshooting of autonomous driving systems.
- Help with setting up hardware workshops and organizing shop equipment.
- Responsible for managing and forecasting inventory of tools and hardware
- Maintain a secure, safe, clean, and healthy workshop environment.
- Associate degree in automotive technology or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience in automotive repair/testing or related field
- Familiar with vehicle structure repair and bodywork is a desired
- Hands-on experience with common fabrication processes such as bending, welding, drilling, sawing, grinding, and polishing.
- Experience with operating equipment such as car lift and mobile floor crane is a plus.
- Able to build prototype parts and integrate them into assemblies in a fast-paced manner.
- Experienced in electronic soldering, wiring, and rework is a plus.
- Experience with operating machines in a machine shop (milling, CNC, lathe, drilling, grinding, polishing, etc.) is a plus.