Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Revel works with businesses of all sizes, from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 with headquarters in Atlanta, Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth.
The Revenue Manager will lead and supervise the revenue accounting team and is responsible for the monthly close process around revenue and deferred commissions and the subsequent reporting of key financial metrics. The team will execute accounting policies and implement operational processes to ensure the integrity of worldwide revenue in a hyper-growth environment.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP.
- Involvement in maintenance and improvement of Revel’s quote to cash process.
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal controls.
- Provide support and assistance in determining proper accounting for products and services including new introductions.
- Lead Professional Services engagements tracking and ensure reporting accuracy of setting up in the system. Work with PS team on various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition.
- Oversee, review and update revenue process documentation.
- Assist in the Company’s annual audit process.
- Ensure efficient and accurate completion of month-end close activities, including the proper deferral and recognition of revenue.
- Maintain accurate deferred revenue schedules monthly.
- Own the analysis and execution process for new revenue standards (ASC 606).
- Assist or manage special and adhoc projects and processes.
- CPA required and experience with a Big 4 firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, from a leading undergraduate institution
- 4+ years technical revenue accounting experience, preferably within the Software industry (inventory is a plus).
- Understanding and experience working with financial statement audits.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP requirements and revenue recognition rules.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Desire for continuous improvement of current processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Host Analytics, or other similar finance and accounting tools strongly preferred
- Work in a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals
- Flexible working schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Catered Lunches
- Monthly office Happy Hours
- Apple equipment
- Employee benefits: gym & commuter subsidy, referral bonus, healthcare, wellness programs, and 401K plan