We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
SHIFT is looking to hire high performing F&I Specialists! Being an online marketplace, communicating the benefits of F&I products over the phone vs. in person at a traditional dealership setting has its challenges & benefits. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service, while helping customers select products that protect their vehicle purchase. In addition, you will also make credit decisions, submit deals to our lenders for approval and help bridge disconnects in the sales process. With your background in automotive sales or finance, you’ll help us find the right finance and insurance solutions for every customer.
What we offer
- Competitive pay and commission structure
- Benefits package (401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Life etc that starts day 1 on the job!)
- work-life balance
- Paid time off
- Laptop provided
What you'll do
- Contract new business, sell F&I products, and close deals
- Maintain good working relationships to secure competitive interest rates and financing programs
- Aim to generate finance income from every customer
- Understand all programs and rate options offered by our lenders
- Be an internal advocate and expert on extended service contracts, GAP policies, etc
- Help customers choose protection packages for their vehicle by presenting all products and their benefits
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages repeat customers and referrals
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations
What you'll have
- 2+ years F&I experience
- Automotive dealership experience
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
- Self motivated with the ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Demonstrated communication, consultative, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.