We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
About the role:
The Assistant Team Lead is part of our dynamic field operations team and is tasked with a variety of mission critical responsibilities:
- Hiring, managing, and training the local Concierge team
- Working with the product and engineering team to build and improve our current technology
What you’ll do:
- You’re looking for a solid opportunity to gain sales, management, and customer service experience in an exciting and innovative start-up environment
- You’re a self-starter with a great attitude who enjoys solving problems that we haven’t encountered before
- You take ownership of your role and demonstrate your value in actions, not words
- You can think on your feet. You enjoy learning new things and can learn them quickly; change excites you
- You communicate clearly and you listen carefully. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re capable of successfully providing information in person, through writing and on the phone.
- You love making a positive impact by leading and mentoring a growing team of Concierge
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of operations and people management experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Interest in customer service and connecting with people
- Self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented and mature under pressure
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, personable, and articulate
- Savvy individual with a sharp eye for detail
- Quickly to react to tough situations in a fast-paced operational environment
- You have a flexible schedule and are open to working nights and weekends
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to drive a stick shift is strongly preferred
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers. Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.