Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, Bangalore, Helsinki area (Espoo) and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
We offer an opportunity to join our team in Finland where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, RF, satellite and network virtualisation. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries. Note: no Finnish required, three different nationalities in the team and more welcomed.
- Drive the development of reliable and scalable commercial grade system comprising base station software, core network software and related hardware
- Conceptualize, plan, document and oversee implementation of the unit system architecture and roadmap
- Represent the company in 3GPP and other standardization fora, participate in related task force
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality
- Manage the development environment, including the test lab
- Drive architecture, design, and code reviews and provide peer feedback on a continuous basis.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3GPP Rel-13+ knowledge and experience, including NB-IoT
- 10+ years of professional work experience - five of which in technology management
- Ability to run a technical team for feature development as a technical lead
- Solid understanding of C++ and GNU/Linux operating system environments
- Prior experience working with 4G/LTE/5G sub-systems such as eNB, EPC, and related EMS/NMS in mobile equipment supplier and/or operator environment
- Experience with C-RAN/V-RAN implementation
- Knowledge of satellite radio access networks and other advanced technologies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently across multi-site development teams