Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
Life360 is Hiring a VP of People and Culture
- One in 10 families with kids in the US use our product everyday, and we have nearly 30 million active users worldwide.
- Beyond just having amazing market fit, we have an exceptional attachment rate to premium of 18% — Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) has gone from ~$1m to over $75m in just a few years.
- We have deep resources at our disposal — over $50m is in the bank and we are approaching 200 members of the team. And, we just recently launched our new Membership strategy, the biggest launch in our company’s history - focusing on 3 tiers of premium family safety memberships:
Given the strong traction we have, we believe success is ours if we continue to scale our team with amazing talent around the globe.
- You have at least 10 years of People experience (including time at the VP level or equivalent) at a company that is our size, and ideally a bit bigger so you know what comes next.
- You’ve worked at organizations whose reputation for people and culture excellence precedes them.
- You have worked in engineering and product-heavy companies, as this is 75% of our headcount.
- You know all the nuts and bolts of HR, and could do much of the work yourself if needed, but have demonstrated your ability to hire strong partners to run the day-to-day.
- You have incredibly high expectations for your people and also set a strong example with your own output and work ethic (this is not a kick-back 9-to-5).
- You have a development mindset and work to continually learn and improve, and can give us strong examples of things you do to stay current.
- Your references will tell us you are someone who can have difficult conversations and deliver tough feedback while also fundamentally remaining kind.
- You are an organized self starter and don’t wait to be told what to do. You will be part of our leadership team and thus need to be part of defining your own success.
- You have worked in other tech companies with a B2C focus so you can resonate with the overall setup of our organization.
- You’ve been part of a company either as a #1 or #2 that has scaled from ~150 to 500+ people.
- You are an active user of our product, so you intuitively understand the value we are providing to our users.
- User Experience Excellence. We believe an amazing end-to-end user experience is our key competitive differentiator and we obsess about putting our customers first.
- Be a Good Person. Everyone at Life360 respects each other and maintains a high sense of integrity. We recognize the fundamental value of each person.
- Take Big Swings. We are ambitious and take bold bets. We celebrate innovation and are not overly-focused on incremental improvements.
- Be 100% Dependable. You do what you say you will. If you can't deliver, you communicate this in advance and are not afraid to ask for help.
- Know Families. We focus on use cases that delight families. Everything we do has a family-focused angle.
- Think Long-term. We make strategic decisions that pay off in the long run. We avoid short-termism.
- Can-Do Attitude. We think big. We stay positive. When overwhelmed, we avoid the temptation to say why something can't be done and instead figure out how to make it happen.
- Engage in Debate. We resist the urge to avoid conflict and always provide direct feedback. We hold people accountable and engage in tough conversations when needed.
- Highly Effective People. We maintain focus on improving the skills and results of all employees. We make smart changes when employees fail to grow or can no longer keep up with the team.
- Simple Before Smart. We bias to simple solutions that reduce complexity and overhead. Build the Soyuz not the Space Shuttle.
Life360, Inc. seeks a Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA. Job duties include: Design, develop, and modify software applications. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Modify existing software to correct errors and improve performance. Utilize digital image processing and SVN control systems to enhance the Life360 product. Write test cases for automated unit testing and direct software application testing and validation procedures.
Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and at least 18 months of professional experience working in backend software development within the technology industry. Must have at least 18 months of experience developing automated software systems and microservices and building web and smartphone applications. Must have at least 18 months of experience optimizing UI and backend application codes to improve the efficiency and performance of software applications and systems. Must have at least 18 months of experience implementing multi-threaded programming techniques, creating unit tests, and developing and monitoring quality and reliability metrics to evaluate software systems under test. Must be proficient in C, C++, Java, Python, and Scala. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Life360, Inc. seeks a Software Engineer II, iOS in San Francisco, CA. Job duties include: Design and develop scalable software solutions by following the software development lifecycle. Build reusable tools based on platform sensors. Deliver high-quality software with unit tests and automation. Work in a cross-functional team of design, product, mobile, backend, and test engineers.
Life360 does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies with whom Life360 does not already have a signed recruiting agreement. In the event that a third party recruiter/agency submits a candidate for consideration to a Life360 employee, this shall be considered a promotional effort by such a recruiter/agency, and no fee shall be due and payable to the recruiter/agency for the candidate.
If you would like to be considered for a future third party recruiters/agencies and/or independent recruiter vendor of Life360, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.