At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Join a creative and fast paced Legal team and help build out Figure’s innovative securities-related products and provide counsel on Figure’s own corporate and securities law matters. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships cross functionally, including partnering with Finance, Product, Engineering and Compliance, to tackle new legal questions and reach creative solutions. Our Legal team plays a central role in Figure’s hyper growth and the realization of our mission of leveraging blockchain to transform financial services.
What you’ll do
- Counsel the product team and other stakeholders on securities law issues related to Figure’s capital table management and investor passport products throughout the product development and implementation lifecycle
- Draft commercial and intellectual property agreements and disclosures affecting the company's products and services
- Advise on Figure’s primary and secondary securities issuances and related general corporate law matters
- Coordinate and collaborate across Figure’s compliance, product, engineering, and business teams relating to product development
- Remain up-to-date on relevant securities and technology laws and regulations to provide an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
What we look for
- 4+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments
- J.D. and membership with at least one state bar
- Substantial subject matter expertise in securities matters including the Securities Act of 1933 and 1934
- Experience with the regulatory framework surrounding private securities issuance and trading
- Understanding of laws and regulations that apply to financial products and laws relating to the commercialization of technology solutions
- Product counseling experience, including the ability to apply laws and regulations to new products and/or technologies, and the ability to review products and related functionality for compliance with applicable laws
- Self-starter who will take ownership of projects
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.