Pony.ai is a startup co-located in Silicon Valley and China, and our mission is to revolutionize the future of transportation by building the safest and most reliable technology for autonomous vehicles. Armed with the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, we aim to deliver our technology on a global scale. We believe our work has the potential to transform lives and industries for the better.
At Pony.ai, excellence is at the core of our company. Every detail counts as we work to deliver a safe, reliable, and cost-effective autonomous driving platform to the public. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in planning, coordinating and executing projects between multiple offices. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company grows. Join us on this exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of transportation.
We are looking for a versatile, highly skilled, and innovative Senior Project Manager - Hardware (PjM). In this role, you will collaborate with internal engineers and external business partners to gather project requirements and success metrics, manage project schedules, tracking action items and identifying risks, and articulating goals to project stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, coordinate and execute projects between multiple offices
- Build and maintain relationships with component suppliers, ODM, and manufacturing factories
- Source new sensor suppliers and track outsourced project progress
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while thriving in a cross-functional collaborative environment
You Might Be a Good Fit if You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in program management on technical cross-functional projects in multi-location engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication of technical concepts in English and Chinese
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and stay ahead of things while meeting deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- PMP/PMI certification, MBA, or similar project management certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience