Shift is built on the defiant notion that buying and selling a car should be simple and fair. We are leveling the playing field for car buying by pairing a technology-first approach with superior customer service. Our end goal? To build a more trustworthy marketplace that makes it really simple for anyone to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
As Financing Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of fraud detection/fraud investigation/fraud resolution in the Acquisitions unit . This highly motivated individual works closely with the FinOps Team to coordinate further investigation/stip gathering. Reports to Financial Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of fraud investigation, including complete review of deals sent to Fraud Queue by FinOps teams. Depending on the deal, reviews will include: Investigating Fraud Shield/ID scan issues on credit bureau, analyzing stips for validity, using LexisNexis to investigate SSN, driver’s licenses, addresses, businesses, criminal records, phone numbers, social media profiles, email addresses of deals sent to fraud queue.
- Interacts with customers, dealers, field reps, and various other outside entities (employers, other creditors, etc.) to fully investigate and disposition the deal.
- Accountable for deal performance through tracking of early charge offs in buyer’s portfolio. Return on Asset will be measured on all deals booked.
- Managing e-mails & faxes, inbound and outbound calls effectively.
- Providing excellent customer service to all dealers and sales reps
- Making and receiving a large volume of calls
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Solid Critical thinking abilities
- Able to problem solve
- Supervision/leadership abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- College degree preferred