SHIFT is hiring for an People Ops Coordinator for our LA Hub. This position is essential to the successful administration of the People Ops Department and will be a true coordinator, wearer of many hats within the organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for HR administration, such as interpreting and executing HR policies and procedures; onboarding/offboarding, compliance tracking, reporting, and some light benefits administration.
What you’ll do:
- Process updates to employee files in ADP Workforce Now (ADP WFN)
- Assist the People Ops Team with general HR inquiries including new benefit enrollments, changes, new hires and terminations
- Process leave of absence pertaining to FMLA/CFRA, FFCRA, PDL
- Process work-related injuries/illnesses and manage Workers' Compensation claims
- Assist employees with basic leave questions and check leave eligibility
- Maintain all employee files with 100% accuracy
- Perform other general administrative and clerical support for the People Ops Team
What you should have:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a Human Resources department
- Solid skills in Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional, and collaborative
- Must be an energetic and self-initiated individual with a strong desire to learn, succeed and excel
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.