Operations Specialist - Kelowna at Lime
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
We are looking for service technicians to maintain our fleet of shared electric scooters and able to wear multiple helmets to support our daily operations.
This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined operations professionals that want to broaden and build their career experiences in a highly flexible position.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the maintenance of e-scooters in Lime Warehouse
- Perform all the type of repairs from a screw tightening to the most complicated electronic part replacement
- Maximize the number of operational vehicles in the fleet
- Assist with scooter deployment and retrieval
- Operate a van to redistribute products as required
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties and make sure Lime riders are on the safest vehicles
- Problem solve. Will need to spot issues and find creative ways to overcome obstacles that come your way
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience as a service technician in the transportation industry
- Some technical expertise in mechanics and basic knowledge of electricity. No certifications required
- Valid driver license and good Driving Record
- Good knowledge of local area geography and street layout
- Very active. Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 40lbs on a frequent basis
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Willingness to learn, a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to help build a startup
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Flexible hours - part-time or full time. Help us fill in our coverage schedule!
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a contract position with a third party employer.