Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
- The FP&A team is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to partner with the Data Services team to help shape financial decisions and strategy through data-driven insights. You will focus on revenue optimization and business forecasting. In this role, you will work closely with the Data Services team and Product Managers to guide the fundamental assumptions we use to grow our business. You will monitor financial and KPI performance and report on insights that explain Life360’s growth.
- Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and financial acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL and BI tools, organize business reporting data, make projections using modeling techniques, and optimize financial business performance through the use of data. You treat stakeholders as a partnership – you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
- This position will sit within the FP&A team
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop financial reporting data tools used to optimize the financial models for managing Life360’s growth.
- Work with business leaders to define key metrics and build reporting to monitor and understand performance along those metrics.
- Design, develop, and deliver robust and scalable financial and business reporting for both internal and external partners.
- Develop frameworks and processes to maintain high quality data systems that leverage disparate data sources.
- Build predictability and statistical confidence into the growth of our business (both revenue and costs) and continue building a data-driven culture within Life360.
- Identify and find solutions for operational use cases e.g. system monitoring and alerting, outlier detection, etc.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations that tell a story focused on insights, not just data.
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects.
- Work with Data Engineering to design data pipelines that help organize relevant data towards a single source of truth.
- Forecast financial KPIs, identify growth opportunities, influence business partners, and drive effective decision-making.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to help resolve broader business problems, create growth plans, establish financial and operating targets and determine optimal resource requirements.
- Partner with Head of Investor Relations and & FP&A team to shape investor communications including presentations and convey business strengths
- Be part of a great team, but capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners.
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- SaaS / Consumer subscription experience and understanding of related metrics
- 4+ years experience as a data analyst, data scientist, or technical financial analyst.
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance or other quantitative field.
- Proficient with SQL and data visualization tools (eg. Tableau, Quicksight, Mode, Qlick). Scripting languages like Python or R is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a strong familiarity with advanced functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in communicating to both technical and less technical audiences
- Significant experience with time-series forecasting.
- Experience with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica, etc.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- 2+ years of work experience in financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking paired with intellectual curiosity and aptitude in picking up new technical skills.
- Curiosity to learn about new topics and uncover hidden insights