At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the technology, team, and culture from the ground up.
Engineering at Verishop
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate technologists with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at companies like Cadre, Dollar Shave Club, Edmunds and Snap. We’re building a next-gen online shopping platform using cutting-edge technologies like Serverless and React. We have a cloud-native architecture, hosted fully on AWS. We practice Continuous Delivery and deploy code to production several times a day behind feature flags. We like to launch incremental chunks of features to our users, learn from what we launched and iterate based on our learnings. We believe in making data-informed, user-centric decisions. We’re fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
In addition to our consumer-facing platform, we also build and deploy software solutions for our internal business users to streamline their workflows. We like to build flexible capabilities that empower our internal users to self-serve and operate the business with complete visibility and minimal dependence on technologists.
Given how early-stage our company is, you would get to be part of the core team of technologists who are responsible for shaping our product direction, design, architecture and team culture. You’ll be working on greenfield projects and laying the foundations for a stack that will support our projected fast-paced business growth.
About this role:
We’re looking for a polyglot fullstack engineer who has experience working with multiple languages and frameworks preferably in marketing optimizations, and is not daunted by learning new technologies. Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated and proactive problem solver who can take a feature from idea to spec to a highly scalable solution swiftly. As part of the early team, you also need to be a great verbal and written communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available and observable web-based software systems.
- Build a scalable Machine learning based optimization ecosystem that manages every stage of modern marketing technology
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, marketing and other functional teams to design solutions for marketing tech problems.
- Collaborate with engineers on architecture and code reviews.
- Mentor other junior engineers on software engineering principles.
- Research and prototype technologies and solutions that could benefit the rest of the team.
- Document information about work you author in a clean and easy-to-consume format through well-written text, diagrams and visuals..
- Optimize performance of production systems to improve scalability, uptime and response times.
- Participate in hiring panels to hire new engineers to the team and onboard new engineers.
- 3-5 years experience in two or more of the following technologies: Python, Node.js / Express, PHP / Laravel or GoLang, Java / Scala, Android / iOS, Spark, Airflow, MLflow
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on a production Machine Learning system on both feature engineering and model optimizations
- Data modelling experience with relational databases like MySQL and/or Postgres, and Nosql databases.
- Experience designing Rest APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience architecting and building scalable web applications
- Experience working with both monoliths and microservices and the ability to make the right tradeoff calls
- Experience with key-value data stores like Redis and/or Memcached
- Prior experience with stream processing systems like Kinesis or Kafka is a big plus
- Prior experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment is a plus
- Prior experience in the e-commerce domain is a big plus
- Prior experience with marketing tech and optimizations is a big plus
At Verishop, we are committed to creating a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.