Director of Engineering, Web Applications at Stride Health
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Stride empowers consumers to make decisions about their health coverage in a way unparalleled by anyone else.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to lead and scale the Web applications engineering organization at Stride. You will own Stride’s core product line, the healthcare marketplace web application. This is one of the highest profile products in the entire company. This is a technical leadership role with an equal focus on nurturing and strengthening a team of full stack developers, providing people management, and driving projects to successful, on-time delivery.
Come join the team that is enabling consumers to make decisions about their health in a way that's useful and unlike anything they’ve ever experienced before!
- Develop the engineering vision and help guide the technological direction for the Stride Web applications engineering team.
- Lead the planning, execution and success of multiple projects collaborating effectively with product design and business stakeholders.
- Hire 10X engineering talent, motivate and grow them.
- Coach and develop frontend and backend web application developers.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code reviews.
- Create a strong engineering driven culture that promotes diversity, innovation and creative problem solving.
- 4+ years of experience leading consumer-facing application engineering teams, including performance management.
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent.
- Proven track record of managing project roadmaps from conception through successful release.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator at all levels.
-Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent degree or experience.
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from the computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, and more!
At Stride, we help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
While we are fully remote right now, our headquarters are in San Francisco and we are building a second office location in Salt Lake City. We’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners. Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!