Remote Documentation Specialist at Augmedix
We are seeking Remote Documentation Specialists (RDS) with a strong interest in medicine. The RDS works 1:1 with a variety of medical professionals and document the patient visit in an EHR. As part of our team, you will have the ability to gain experience in different medical specialties while collaborating with a team of young, talented professionals working to revolutionize healthcare.
The RDS will create medical notes for providers remotely into the EHR from their own home location in the US. The RDS is responsible for documenting the history of present illness, past medical and family history, review of systems, physical exam, diagnostic studies, and plan for the providers. Augmedix RDS's are also responsible for preparing charts and cards for the provider at the beginning of each day. The RDS will be required to learn the preferences for a variety of different providers and must pass assessments and quality checks on a regular basis in order to remain assigned to a provider.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist physicians in documenting the patient's medical record (EMR)
- Navigate the EMR during assistance of patient care
- Assist physicians in a variety of specialties including primary care, orthopedics, rheumatology, etc.
- Prior clinical experience required such as volunteering, shadowing, clinical research, scribing, paramedic training, or being a medical assistant
- Excellent spelling and typing skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly preferred
- Self-sufficient and quick to learn
- Professional and reliable work ethic
- Successful completion of Augmedix RDS Training Program within the first 30 days of employment
- Must have access to a completely private work space with reliable internet
- Must have consistent availability and ability to work shifts between 5am to 5pm PST
- Familiarity with navigating the electronic medical record (EMR) highly preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- 401k plan