Build Release Engineer at Matterport
United States of America
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
We are looking for a talented Build/Release engineer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for crafting and scaling services for the Matterport Cloud, which serves billions of requests and millions of 3D views a month. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong development background, and has the drive to invent. As part of the DevOps team, the Build/Release Engineer will drive a common framework for all build and release activities including that are automated and self-service.
The ideal candidate should have a background working in Cloud based container environments, with bash and Python experience and prior experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Git, Nexus, and Docker registries. The role will include the appropriate security analysis, tools, and frameworks at each phase of the software development life-cycle, resulting in robust and reliable software. This role is well-suited for those who enjoy tackling big problems and want to ensure that the build process is never a bottleneck for delivering high-quality code quickly.
You should be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, team driven environment, and have the ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff located in California, Kansas, and Argentina.
- Be a champion for Ci/CD and constantly look for improvements in our release process
- Constantly look to improve the speed and efficiency of our continuous delivery pipeline through automation, open-source tools and self-service jobs
- Collaborate with engineering and across other business units to keep our release dates on track
- R&D into tools and services that can improve engineering productivity.
- Work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative and challenging environment with a focus on driving best practices across the organization
- Represent the team as a technical leader to deliver a highly scalable and robust continuous delivery platform for the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in build and release engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Git (preferred) and/or Jenkins CI platforms for automating build pipelines
- Good understanding of Artifactory/Nexus.
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes for automating containerized build environments
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Linux based build environments required
- Experience with enterprise products running in the cloud or in an appliance form factor desirable
- Ability to break down requirements and get things done.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team and practice open communication both written and verbal
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.