Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
Life360 is seeking a Sr. GL and Payroll Accountant. This position reports to and supports the Assistant Controller while overseeing payroll and fixed assets management, ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures, and support the HR benefits.
- Day to day responsibility for all aspects of payroll. This includes:
- Process semi-month and additional payroll runs timely and accurately
- Generate payroll reports for manager review
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare payroll and tax reports for federal, states and local agencies when required
- Work with HR on employee benefits such a 401K, Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and reconcile with related GL accounts
- Process taxable fringe benefits such as RSU transactions
- Manage employee inquiries and provide excellent customer service to employees
- Responsible for certain General Ledger accounts (i.e. Fixed Assets)
- Adhere to company’s period-end close process and ensure that reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately.
- Assist with the financial audits, particularly in the area of payroll and preparing the required analyses and reconciliations.
- Manage payroll and related tax audits (i.e. Worker’s Compensation)
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automate manual procedures.
- Assist with other customers as needs they arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- Technically Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast pace-setting environment.
- A Team Player: Believes in Life360’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- A candidate for this position will have at least 7 years of progressive working experience in growing technology company(ies) as a Payroll Accountant and general ledger accountant, or in a similar role.
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Payroll Software, preferably ADP Workforce.
- Experience in preparing ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Possess working knowledge of payroll related requirements and Federal and State Regulations.
- Experience in preparing payroll and tax reports, as well as answering payroll inquiries.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Able to handle confidential data and information.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail.
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. ADP Workforce, NetSuite
- Experience with general accounting reconciliations
- Publicly traded company experience
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously.