At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for a high performing, analytical, data driven QA Analyst to join our growing Mortgage Team! In this role, you will partner cross functionally and help lead the pre-closing QA function in delivering a best in class product and customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews on various Figure loan products including first mortgage loan files, HELOC, SLR, PL.
- Assist with monthly QAC reporting, data analysis, and defect trending within QA/QC software and tools
- Collaborate with Mortgage Operations, Product, data to improve loan manufacturing quality and fraud detection
- Partner with compliance team to ensure processes, procedures and loan products meet investor and agency eligibility requirements
- Recommend underwriting and change management enhancements for all loan products based on QA audit results and industry/investor product changes
- Underwriting Figure loan files for income calculations, assets, red flags, credit, collateral and all applicable GSE and non-conforming guidelines.
- Review file data integrity, and identify defects in the loan manufacturing process
- Perform credit analysis, ensuring all loans meet agency and investor eligibility
- Review pre-closing loan documents to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local compliance requirements and regulations
- Work closely with mortgage operations on trending defects and remediation
- Recommend and implement enhanced quality assurance methodologies and metrics to improve overall mortgage quality
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of regulatory underwriting, compliance, Quality Assurance, lending operations or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to handle several projects at once while staying organized, detail oriented and diligent
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve common goals
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience navigating and applying Fannie Mae conforming, and investor and aggregator and non-conforming, underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge regarding federal and multi-state regulations impacting the mortgage industry a plus
- Strong Analytical Skills and attention to detail and time management
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a high production, timeline sensitive environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft office products especially Excel as well as QC testing software
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.