Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with 3 million members paying and getting paid over $52 billion per year. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations and helps businesses get paid 3 - 4 times faster by automating end-to-end payment processes. The company is the choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading accounting software providers QuickBooks Online and Xero; and over 50 percent of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It is the only business payments solution endorsed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 70 awards, Bill.com proudly received multiple PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards and CEO René Lacerte was recently recognized as an E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Bill.com is looking for a senior backend engineer to work on our core platform. If you are passionate about optimizing software, enjoy being hands on, excited to take a revolutionary product to new heights and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you! The position will be based out of our Palo Alto campus. The candidate will be a member of the Software Engineering team and will be responsible for designing scalable products for the Bill.com business payment network. Proven experience in leading, scoping, designing and implementing optimization results is a must. Candidates should also have good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working on large scale, complex applications
- Experience with REST API development
- Expert-level knowledge of Java
- Expertise in making step-function improvements in performance and scale of platforms
- Business acumen - able to leverage the platform to solve business problems
- Excellent teamwork and communication
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
- Product: passion for great products and building great experiences, Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Team Player
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Designing and implementing elegant solutions to complex platform problems
- Enhancing our core application framework
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database and file storage tier using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Prioritizing, designing and implementing critical platform projects
- Mentorship of engineers
- Adopting industry standards and best practices
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer