At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 40 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 13,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing program. Fivestars drives over $2.5 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
- A Product Data Analyst at Fivestars will play an essential role in delivering insights to grow Fivestars’ business and benefit Fivestars’ customers and users.
- Utilize understanding of data infrastructure and data platforms such as Treasure Data, Redshift and Tableau and knowledge of product strategy, business model, and competitive landscape to analyze data and build dashboards on key metrics for the senior management and leadership.
- Build dashboards using Tableau to help run the business more effectively and to satisfy Fivestars’ leadership team’s needs of exploration and opportunity sizing.
- Write algorithms and sophisticated SQL queries to detect and analyze patterns in large datasets, as well as to retrieve and extract data.
- Also scope, test and perform data analysis ranging from topics including but not limited to: cohort analysis, key business growth metrics, product uptime and stability, engagement funnels, churn or purchasing insights, growth and supply demand projections, etc.
- Design and analyze A/B tests to iteratively optimize the product. Perform complex analysis using R and Python to extract learnings and deliver insights. Communicate findings which emphasize clarity, completeness, and actionable information.
- Work with Product Managers to understand how the Fivestars products are performing and to ensure Fivestars is collecting necessary information to answer strategic product questions.
- Analyze usage data to understand product errors, gaps and opportunities, as well as provide insights to make the Fivestars product better.
- A Product Data Analyst’s insight will allow the Fivestars team to make effective data driven, and strategic decision around how to improve Fivestars products, what features to prioritize and how to maximize value.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to implement product changes based on above insights and findings. Also measure the impact of changes to ensure that they are having the intended impact.
- Minimum Education Requirements: a minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field.