Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with over 2 million members paying and getting paid over $36 billion per year in volume. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations by automating end-to-end processes. Bill.com ties together finance and accounting programs, banks, customers, vendors, accounting professionals, and documents. The company is the choice of three of the top 10 U.S. banks and over 50 percent of the top 100 accounting firms and is endorsed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 43 awards, Bill.com was recently recognized as one of the San Francisco Business Times Most Innovative Companies and proudly received a PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award.
We are looking for talented, customer-focused sales reps to develop and expand Bill.com relationships and revenue in Top 500 US-based Accounting Firms. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will leverage existing customer relationships and account knowledge to proactively drive growth in your assigned account base through increased usage and adoption of Bill.com. This is a high impact quota-carrying role that requires your ability to manage and forecast sales activity and results while developing satisfied customers that can be referenced in future sales cycles. Collaboration with internal Bill.com Account Executives and Customer Success teams to grow revenue through strategic account planning and execution are key to success in this role.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software/SaaS or Financial Tech sales with a successful track record of consistent quota achievement
- Previous experience selling to CPAs, Accounting firms, bookkeepers, banking, wealth management verticals strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale solutions and achieve sales revenue targets through increased adoption and expanded use of technology in existing customer base
- Skilled at fostering and leveraging strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to develop and execute customer success strategies
- Driven to achieve aggressive goals combined with equal passion for customer success
- Ability to travel up to 25% to nurture relationships with customers in territory
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Professional presence and confident, articulate communication skills – ability to initiate and direct discussions with Executive-level decision makers
- Strategic account planning and execution skills
- Tech savvy - awareness and experience using SaaS applications and translating technical features into business concepts
- Forecast accuracy - maintain account and opportunity information within our internal CRM systems
- Team Player - Good sense of humor, Humble, Competitive, Collaborative
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-starting individual. Persistence and tenacity is key for success in this role.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, strong time-management skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability – things move fast around here!
Within 30 days of employment
- Shadow another Strategic Accounts Rep and attend Sales Bootcamp to learn about Bill.com products, organization, and success metrics for the business and your role.
- Understand Accounting landscape - trends, thought leaders, technology, competition.
- Demonstrate understanding of Bill.com value proposition and effectively communicate this message to prospective customers.
- Achieve certification on the Bill.com Accountant platform demo and sales messaging.
Within 60 days of employment
- Execute account planning and initiate intro conversations and with Target Accounts in your territory.
- Advance in-depth knowledge of Bill.com solutions, industry trends, and competition.
Within 90 days of employment
- Meet all sales and performance objectives including monthly and quarterly bookings and revenue quota and pipeline progression.
- Deliver accurate 30/60/90 day forecast your territory.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer