Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with over 2.5 million members paying and getting paid over $50 billion per year. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations by automating end-to-end processes. Bill.com helps businesses connect and do business by tying together finance and accounting programs, banks, customers, vendors, accounting professionals, and documents. The company is the choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading accounting software providers QuickBooks Online and Xero; and over 50 percent of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It is the only business payments solution partnered with the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 70 awards, Bill.com proudly received multiple PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards and CEO Rene Lacerte was recently recognized as an E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Bill.com is seeking a technical writer who will communicate with external developers worldwide and/or internal Bill.com audiences through conceptual documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references, and other online materials. You might have a background as a developer, and write as a hobby; or perhaps you're an experienced communicator who loves digging deep into code. One thing is for certain - you are passionate about helping developers do amazing things. The candidate will be a member of the Professional Services and Developer Relations team, which is a new function of the Engineering team.
- Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Business acumen - able to leverage the platform to solve business problems
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Support.
- Ability to deliver results in fast-paced, lean and collaborative environment.
Competencies (Attributes Needed to be Successful in Role):
- Functional/Technical Expertise (experience with FinTech is a plus)
- Learning Mindset - willing to learn a new domain while building on experiences
- Communication, written and spoken
- Recruiting, coaching and developing team members
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer