Bill.com is the leader in digital business payments with 3 million members processing over $60 billion annually. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, we’ve built strong partnerships with more than 60 of the top-100 accounting firms and four of the top-10 largest U.S. banks.
We are turning our CS organization into a competitive force, evolving beyond great operational execution towards customer experience, advocacy and a moving to become a key differentiator in our industry. We’re looking for a VP of Customer Success who leverages customer insights and champions impactful, strategic initiatives; someone who is passionate about change and leads an organization with an increased profile inside and outside Bill.com. This is a key leadership role reporting to the SVP, Customer Success.
- Execution of organizational goals including SLA’s, CSAT and overall Customer Experience improvements in alignment with our Sales, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Execution and enhancement of our Performance Management model, focused on increased customer delight, efficient use of our resources and productivity improvements - via people, process or tools.
- Champion our Customer Experience process- understanding the sources of friction, developing customer insights and influencing our Product Management, Development, Marketing and our Sales Organizations.
- Launch our Customer Advocacy program, leveraging our customer relationships in the expansion of our business via referrals, user groups, trade shows or other initiatives.
- Develop a strategic plan for the next phase of our CS HQ organization, accounting for operational, organizational and system needs.
- Manage our Technical Escalations team and process, focusing on prompt resolution and the feedback loop into our customers and our Product Management teams.
- Become a subject matter expert in our space and industry, not just on function.
- Oversee our local new hire onboarding process, constantly fine-tuning our collaborating with our Recruiting and Professional Development teams.
- Drive and foster a high performance organization, enabling a culture of promotion from within, talent development and high engagement.
- Be a champion of our culture, embodying our values and a strong commitment to Customer Success.
- Establish strong people management protocols and practices in collaboration with the SVP of CS and other CS leaders.
- 10+ years of Care Center / Customer Service experience, with at least 5 in a management capacity.
- Experienced as a Manager of Managers, having led organizations 2 levels deep with at least 50 employees through significant changes in service models, infrastructure upgrades and rapid evolution of Product offerings.
- Experience launching customer engagement programs - resulting in significant customer advocacy results.
- Solid SaaS experience, preferably in a progressive career path - from Tier 1 to Implementations and Customer Success Management.
- Solid customer success acumen with direct experience in solutions such as Totango, Gainisght, Zendesk and SalesForce.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Fintech and Payments Industry knowledge.
- At least one successful scaling of a Service/Success organization beyond 50 employees.
- Oversight of Account Management and/or Lifecycle Management teams with accountability for Retention, upsell or engagement goals,
Within 60 days
- Understand our value proposition and customer segments - via our New Hire Training Program, research, and interactions with key stakeholders.
- Understand the internal flows into and out of Customer Success, connecting with key areas that will need to be leveraged for the success of this role.
- Alignment on CS priorities, staffing plan, timeline and expectations.
- Gain working knowledge of our internal operational tools - e.g. Salesforce, Zendesk.
- Partner with HR and Recruiting in the hiring and onboarding for all local CS positions.
- Develop first version of strategic plan four our local operation.
Within 90 days
- Acquire key Industry Knowledge - Digital Payments, AP/AR industry trends and key players.
- Develop solid working relationships with other key teams in Palo Alto (Sales, Product Management, HR, Marketing) and Houston, actively optimizing for inputs and outputs.
- Identify gaps in People, Process and Systems and collaborate with CS Ops to enhance organizational capabilities and results.
Within 120 days
- Gain a thorough understanding of our ecosystem of Partners and Customers and specifics of our agreements.
- Strategic Partners and Banks
- Accounting Firms
- Accounting Platforms (Intacct, Xero, Intuit, Netsuite)
- Accountability for performance metrics assigned to local teams - SLAs, CSAT
- Start executing on a talent development plan to quickly gain scale on the operation.