Bill.com is a leading digital business payments company with a network of over 3 million members, managing more than $60 billion annually. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com cloud-based Payment Management Platform automates, simplifies, and controls the payments process, saving more than 50 percent of the time typically spent. Bill.com partners with seven of the leading U.S financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 accounting firms, major accounting software providers including NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks and Xero, and is the preferred provider of digital payments solutions for CPA.com, the technology arm of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Winner of more than 70 awards, Bill.com is recognized as one of San Francisco Business Times’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “2018 Best Places to Work.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated data science leader to join Bill.com’s Risk Management team. The incumbent will be responsible for managing junior data scientists as well as leading key projects associated with predictive fraud detection, transaction risk modeling and loss mitigation at Bill.com. This position requires a person who has experience with developing machine learning models and performing analytics preferably in risk domain.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in data science
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD.), preferably in Statistics, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Economics, or a related technical field
- Strong track record of performing data analysis and statistical modeling using SQL, SAS or similar tools
- Mastery of a wide range of Machine Learning techniques, tools, and methodologies with a demonstrated capability to apply them to a broad range of business problems and data sources
- Machine Learning techniques include clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, anomaly detection etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical experts, business partners, and executives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and yet able to steer analytics projects toward clear business goals, testable hypotheses and action-oriented outcomes
- Desirable to have experience solving problems related to risk using data science and analytics
- Experience with implementation of Machine Learning models
- Prior team management and payment risk experience is a plus
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Thought leadership/People leadership
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer