Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with 3 million members paying and getting paid over $52 billion per year. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations and helps businesses get paid 3 - 4 times faster by automating end-to-end payment processes. The company is the choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading accounting software providers QuickBooks Online and Xero; and over 50 percent of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It is the only business payments solution endorsed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 70 awards, Bill.com proudly received multiple PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards and CEO René Lacerte was recently recognized as an E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
As User Experience Research Manager, you'll be fundamental to our product development process at Bill.com. You'll join a team dedicated to changing how small and medium businesses do business today. You'll work closely with cross-functional product teams to build high-performing and user-centric products for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to grow a research team and lead the user research vision for Bill.com.
Professional experience needed to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years practicing user research on a product development team.
- Previous experience directly managing and leading a user research team.
- Strong background in utilizing qualitative research methods to uncover customer needs such as: persona development, heuristic evaluation and contextual inquiries
- Breadth of experience uncovering customer insights using quantitative research methods such as surveys, benchmarking, and statistics.
- Proven success in supporting the full product life-cycle using both exploratory and evaluative research practices for mobile, desktop and other platforms.
- Participating in and collaborating with UX designers and cross-functional teams to develop customer journey maps.
- Outstanding ability to tell impactful stories with research data.
- Proven record of generating actionable insights that have influenced product decisions.
- Proficient at identifying and applying the best research methodology for the learning goals at hand.
- Leads with confidence as a skilled communicator, influencer, and negotiator.
- Passion for training designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on how to conduct and apply user research.
- Previous B2B research experience is a plus.
- Lead the UX research strategy by driving and conducting a range of research studies aiming to inform design and development efforts across the portfolio of Bill.com products.
- Grow and manage a team of UX researchers by being a strong coach and mentor.
- Define research roadmap and priorities in close partnership with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Generate and communicate actionable insights that will help the business find and solve unaddressed customer pain points.
- Share and evangelize research insights across the organization.
- Develop ways of assessing user research quality and its impact to the user experience of Bill.com products.
Bill.com culture and values:
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer