Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with 3 million members paying and getting paid over $52 billion per year. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations and helps businesses get paid 3 - 4 times faster by automating end-to-end payment processes. The company is the choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading accounting software providers QuickBooks Online and Xero; and over 50 percent of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It is the only business payments solution endorsed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 70 awards, Bill.com proudly received multiple PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards and CEO René Lacerte was recently recognized as an E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Bill.com is hiring a Senior QA Engineer. This position will be based out of our Palo Alto campus. The candidate will be a member of the Bill.com QA team and will be responsible for enhancing, extending and potentially revamping our test automation framework as well as testing our application.
- Architect, develop and extend our automation framework.
- Mentor QA staff on framework and best practices in automation.
- Enhance our pipelines with automation: build and deployment smoke tests, daily regressions, etc.
- Develop and execute test plans/test cases.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and other QA team members in ensuring high quality products.
- Actively participate in the QA process enhancements.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of testing Web based applications preferably SaaS products.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in agile development cycles.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications.
- Proficient with JIRA or any other bug tracking and TestRail or any other test management tools.
- Basic knowledge of Databases queries and PL/SQL.
- Experience testing Financial Products.
- Experience in working with automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal effort
- Honesty/integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Follow-through on commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Analytical skills – Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with manager to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Become familiar and contribute to our existing automation framework. Formulate a plan for the future including POC’s and transition plans.
- Learn the Bill.com application, test environments, and technologies by owning features, formulating test plans and executing/automating them.
- Improve our automation state - establish coverage metrics, organize and streamline our automation suites; make them actionable, purposeful and leverageable in our build and release pipelines.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer